Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dragonball Z MMO? Why no .hack MMO?



There have been rumors and now video of a new MMO in the works based on the popular anime series Dragonball Z.

For those of you who don't know, let me sum it up for you.
Guys do martial arts, shout, yell, scream and become stronger. Throw energy blasts at each other. Humans, aliens, robots, and other wierd creatures. People die, but sometimes come back. Stuff and planets blow-up. Some times they get these ball shaped jewels that summon a dragon that grants wishes.

If you need anymore info, do an internet search.

Now according to what I've read, they're either currently doing beta testing or its coming out some time this year.

How successful could this be? Among the 8 to 15-year-old market, probably really successful. All others, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I haven't found anything on the mechanics of the game, at least nothing that makes it clear what kind of game this will or may be. Also, converting the world of DBZ into typical MMO fashion seems impossible to me.

Personally, I don't understand why the creators of the .hack series try to make at least something close to the MMO game they set their series in. Especially considering all the hard work they put into creating the game and the game world this series is set against, it just doesn't seem right that it sits in relative obscurity or as the backdrop for what to me seems less than popular series.

I mean I don't know much about the .hack games, manga, or any of the animated series, but I think I know enough to say that the game itself would make for a cool game. The classes and the races are familiar but unique enough to make it appealing to all kinds of gamers.

If this isn't already being considered or worked on, I'm pretty certain it will be. I believe this game will be available sooner or later.

To the creators of the .hack series I implore you, if you aren't already working on it then please give serious consideration to making a .hack MMO that at least resembles The World that the creators spent so much time creating.

That's all for me, now what do you think.

No comments: